8AM Global Ltd (8AM) (Company Registration Number 12696607) collects and uses certain personal data in pursuit of its business. This policy describes how 8AM uses and protects this information. 8AM is committed to ensuring that your privacy and data is protected. Any information provided will only be used in accordance with this policy.
The types of information that we collect.
First name, family name, job title, company name, company email address, business phone number, business address and postcode. Information is only collected on professional investors.
Other information such as preferences or interests and information connected to surveys.
We have collected personal data from a variety of sources, such that;
- It has been provided to us by professional individuals.
- It has been collected in the ordinary course of a business relationship.
- It has been collected from the public sphere (social media, websites) where the individual has chosen to make his profile publicly visible.
It has been collected when visits are made to the 8AM website.
How we use your information
Your personal data may be stored and processed by us for the following purposes. To review and improve the information provided on our website. To understand your needs and interests. To inform you about our investment activity and the products and services we make available and to assist in market research.
8AM conducts ‘Business to Business’ marketing on a ‘Legitimate Interest’ basis. In doing so, it has considered three things.
- Can a legitimate interest be identified?
- Can it be shown that processing data is necessary to achieve it
- Can this be balanced against the individual’s interests, rights and freedoms?
Identify a legitimate interest
8AM is a sophisticated and experienced investment business with many highly experienced individuals working within it. In communicating with its database of third party introducers and professional investors, 8AM has assessed the following as being of legitimate Interest.
- Processing data of Investment Professionals is necessary in connection with any contract that the professional may enter into with 8AM.
- 8AM has a legitimate interest in carrying out the processing for the purpose of providing services (or improving them) to Investment professionals (to the extent that such legitimate interest is not overridden by your interests, rights or freedoms).
- Processing data held and informing the 8AM database is in the commercial and educational interests of the database and their clients
Is processing The Data Necessary?
Processing the data is a targeted and proportionate way of distributing the information. 8AM has looked at less intrusive ways to achieve the same result and they are not practical.
8AM has considered its interests with those of the individual. 8AM have done a balancing test and is confident that the individual’s interests do not override these legitimate interests. 8AM also only use data in ways that the individual would reasonably expect.
It has considered whether or not the individual would reasonably expect the processing and if it would cause unjustified harm. The conclusion was that it would not and that ‘legitimate interest’ was a safe way to proceed.
We will not disclose your personal data to any third party, unless we are in receipt of your permission. Our aim is to make your data secure. To achieve this we have extensive controls in place to maintain security. These are both physical and electronic.
A cookie is a small text file containing data that is stored on your computer or mobile device once you visit a website. Cookies vary in their duration, some are stored indefinitely and others for shorter times. Cookies can be created both by the site you are visiting – ‘first party’ cookies, and by other sites that interact with the one you are visiting – ‘third party’ cookies.
You are at complete liberty to either accept or decline cookies.
You have the right to obtain information regarding the personal data that we hold on you and the right to withdraw consent to your personal data being used. You have the right to ask that we correct your personal data in the event that we have made a mistake and the right to erase all data held on you, where applicable.
If you would like to do this or if you have any queries about information that we hold on you under the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016 as of 25th May 2018, please use the contact details listed below.
8AM Global, The Thatched Office, manor Farm, Kimpton, Andover, Hampshire SP11 8PG
Email Address: Jeremy.email@example.com